Sunday, October 29, 2006

Website Advice

Since posting the article "Teach Your Site to Sell" (see September article archive below) I have been asked what program or system a beginner should use to build a successful website to promote a business. Everyone has different needs and levels of expertise. I can only speak from my personal perspective.

Not too long ago my computer experience consisted of web surfing for information and sending e-mails. When I made the decision to create a website, which is another story by itself, I spent countless hours looking for an easy way to build a website. I needed something that did not require me to know much about computer language, html, etc. I also needed something that offered the "do's and dont's" of how to promote a website. Millions of sites exist with millions of varying viewpoints. It is, at times, difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff. I narrowed my list down to three programs and really took an in-depth look at each.

Based on my requirements for website building I chose SiteSell, or more appropriately, SiteBuildIt.
The upfront cost of $299USD was a little higher than the other two programs but what I found was SiteBuildIt, SBI for short, contained everything I needed at no additional charge. The other programs I investigated had add-on fees for anything other than the basic design and web hosting service. When I made a checklist of what I would utilize SiteBuildIt was, on an annual basis, much less.

I still know very little about web hosting, website design and search engine optimization, or SEO, as it is called. What I do know is my site is operating efficiently, making money and easy to use. The biggest bonus is the forum section where other SBI users share helpful tips on everything from getting started building a website to advanced html coding. SBI also has a module for business owners who want to sell their goods online. I recommend you take a look at SiteSell if you are serious about creating a successful website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home